Saturday, September 3, 2011

Yard Sales/Antique Shopping


Happy Saturday everyone!
This morning Krista and I had some fun traveling all over hitting some good yard sales. We got some good stuff but really hit the jackpot when we stopped at a "parking lot sale" where a cute antique shop was trying to get rid of mountains of old inventory. I got a brand new, super cute purse for a dollar! I also got Brad a brand new wok for $4. You must be wondering if this was really an antique shop since they were selling brand new stuff with the tags still attached. I'm as confused as you are but inside their shop they had the most amazing collection of Civil War, WWI, and WWII guns, swords, helmets, bullets, cannon balls, and Confederacy currency. We knew Brad and Jared would love it so after we got home and unloaded our spoils, I drove with them back to the shop. It was amazing.
Once we finished drooling over the antique shop collection, mostly over the 1860's rifles, we stopped in at an adorable little German restaurant and bakery called The Village Corner. We were on a mission to get a rhubarb pie. We succeeded but also came out with a black cherry almond pie and a giant cream-filled, chocolate-dipped pastry that Brad got for me. Seeing all their homemade jams, breads, and pies reminded me of the Amish community stores my mom would take me to see in her Iowa hometown. I've decided Stone Mountain Village is the cutest place I've ever seen. I even love the Confederate soldier graveyard which extends right up to the side of the road. I'm hoping we find a home in Stone Mountain, it's my kind of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment