Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bats!



So a couple nights ago, Brad and I took Chloe out for an evening stroll around the yard and to see the horses. I was admiring the tall trees and the sky when I realized there were bats all around us! Some were flying so low it couldn't have been higher than 10 feet above my head. The last time I remember seeing a bat was as a kid and during a camping trip. But that was probably just one bat. I think we enjoyed 30 minutes of bats flying all around us and it was the coolest thing! I didn't get a single mosquito bite and that's probably because the bats were eating them all :)

Brad and I are SO excited because tomorrow we close on our house!!! I can't believe it's finally here and I don't think (knock on wood) anything will go wrong between now and 2pm tomorrow. The contractor is coming to make the repairs on Monday. We've arranged to have the power, water, and gas turned back on. Who knows, we might get to start moving in by next Friday! We are so happy and so excited!

The picture here is of Alyssa and Declan in his Halloween costume. He's just so cute I had to share. I asked Alyssa to take this picture before Halloween because I wanted to enjoy it all season long.

No comments:

Post a Comment